Personality of a man creates a magnetic effect on any person. Your personality can be perceived by your basic character, your looks and of course the clothes you are wearing. Clothes can either make or destroy a man’s image. Again a big question is the type of clothing- Formal or Casual. Answer to this is very obvious- depending upon the occasion. A man with a formal look is judged and taken more seriously by others. Here ‘Suits’ are one attire that tops the list of formal wear.
Suits give you a more sophisticated and complicated look. Be it an important presentation, a client meet, an interview, a marriage or your first date, man wearing a suit is taken more seriously by the audience. But there are certain basic etiquettes which should be followed while wearing a suit. There should be a made for each other relation between the suit and the man wearing it. Whether it is a bespoke style, made to measure style or a readymade suit, one has to take utmost care in selecting the type of suit to wear. Today customized suits have become extremely popular with the masses.
I have listed some basic tips that needs to be taken care of while wearing a suit –
- Fabric – Once you are through with the style of your suit, the next important step is to choose the fabric for your suit. Generally it is soft woolen, but it should also have a good shelf life.
- Proper fit – Please be very careful about the suit fit. A well fit suit always compliments your personality.
- Waistcoat- Waistcoat is the most important part of a suit. They give you a more defined and polished look. The length of the waistcoat should be right above your waist. It should cover the waist. Always take care to unlock the lowest button of your waistcoat.
- Jacket – Length of the jacket should be very proper. The shoulders of the jacket should steep downward while wearing. You can also raise your arms and check for the comfort level. Take care that the shirts cuffs can be seen. The last button should always be kept open. And yes, please keep a pocket square on your jacket to give you a more versatile look. While sitting please unbutton your jackets.
- Shirt – Color and pattern of the shirt should be as per the jacket. Wear the shirt depending on the occasion. For a formal look go for solids or decent colors. For party wear be free to put on an attractive colour shirt which goes well with the suit.
- Trouser – Guys, please do not wear an available trouser with your newly stitched suit. Its looks horrible. Next, your pant should fit in properly on your waist it should not be stretched and worn; this makes you look ugly from back. Seamless trousers look better than the old fashioned pleated ones.
- Tie – A well knotted and perfectly matched tie is definitely an attention seeker in a crowd
- Accessories – Watch, Belts, Shoes and Socks worn should be of good quality and very subtle. Please no shortcuts
Guys! Take care of these basics while wearing your favourite suit this time and with confidence flaunt your charisma round others.